Wednesday, March 08, 2006

over the last...

week, i was in conversation about snack food. and what a great snack food is. you know that kind. you sit on the couch and watch tv, and munch away. my friend's answer was carrots. the small bite size ones that come in a bag. valid. i replied with celery. crunchy. works the jaw. good stuff. these are snacks that you are able to have, and not feel guilty for eating. if you go through a bag of carrots, or a couple of stalks of celery; your health is not in ruin. but i want to change my answer. sure celery is great. you burn more cals. than you take in. what's not to love? anyway, after much consideration i want to change my answer.

olives. yes. olives. preferably spanish olives. their green outside color. their texture. the little red thing in the middle. great snack. now i'm not talking about just popping olives in your mouth as you watch tv. it's all in the preparation. now those little carrots you could just open the bag, and get to 'em. no fun. celery? well you could put some peanut butter on them. that's good too.

but what better way to enjoy olives than in a beautifully made martini? as the gin soaks into the olive. enjoy one. taste the gin mixed with the olive itself. you cannot get any better. i believe that you should stick as many olives on the little swords as you can. i know the rule is one for you, and one for your love. but what if you love doesn't like gin? it's all you. so this weekend enjoy some olives.

4 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

Ah, the sublime and salty olive. Good choice, my friend.

I have rediscovered Madame Gin as of late and will follow your instructions to the letter. Though I prefer the large green olives stuffed with various other things besides pimentos, like sun dried tomatoes, bleu cheese or garlic.

Damn, I'm thirsty...

www.rockpaperscissorsgun.blogspot.com

5:07 PM  
Blogger Tim Wise said...

Amen! I love olives stuffed with garlic. I just had one actually. I am having mine with a Stone IPA.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But but but...what if I'm drinking Bloody Marys? Can I stick to celery then?

Pay no attention to me--I've never drank a Bloody Mary in my life. This is my need to comment.

A Dirty Martini does sound really good right now.

1:26 PM  
Blogger 2drunk2shift said...

A vodka martini w/ chili stuffed olives is a spicy alternative. The picture is great and tempting.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home