Sunday, March 12, 2006

did you ever...

have one of those rides that you thought was going to be a pretty good ride. and then, it turns out to be a freaking great ride?

i had one such today. i got moving late morning. figured i would go out of a little road ride. out the door i go. weather was warm. over cast. clouds coming in. but doesn't look like trouble. down the road from my house, i'm thinking about getting into the valley, and up from there, and back home. good plan for the day. about five miles later i get into the valley. a slight mist begins to hit me. no worries. but i cut the loop a little short, because i'm not sure of the weather. they were talking lighting and stuff.

i head out of the valley, and begin to swing back to come home. it begins to come down. a heavy drizzle. it felt so good. by this time the socks are soaked. all the road grime is on my legs. i'm almost home, but i am dripping wet. i felt like a kid in the rain. splashing through puddles. all the while worrying if the cars are able to see me. they do. good. what a great freaking ride. really happy that i was able to get out and enjoy it.

so the lesson is no matter the weather...get out and ride. except a major head wind. those just suck.

i have also come to another conclusion on my riding. rogue told me how to find my cardo threshold. so i did. one seventy one. now i'm so concerned about getting my heart rate were it should. keep the heart rate up. keep the cadence up. and i'm good. so now i am measuring my riding to those things, and not necessarily my speed. i think this train of thought has changed my whole riding philosophy. as long as i'm around or in my target heart rate...keep that diesel trucking.

oh, bowled a one fifty this weekend. i'm getting better.

life is good. enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home