Thursday, July 31, 2008

here we have...


cross wheels...
Originally uploaded by divine_gear
my new cross wheelset. i'm going with a new set up this year, since my rolf wheelset had 'died'. john laced them up for me, since the aero rims were pissing me off. i can't tell you how many nipples were all over my floor for the cats to play with. keep it clean...this is a family show...

the hubs are dt swiss two-forty's laced to a dt swiss rr one.two aero rim. i picked the aero rim for mud shedding capabilities. the two-forty's...well, they're just better than the three-forty's, and i don't have the money for the one-ninety's. i took them out for a 'round the block' ride, and they feel great. nice and stiff. just the way i like my wheels. thanks again john for your help with these.

also, for the cross season, i'm going with a more aggressive tire. the panaracer cider-x. i had these tires laying around for a couple of months, with all intentions of putting them on the rolf's, but...well like i said before. the michelin tires that i used last year, i felt really didn't grip in the muddy stuff. it worked great on a hard packed course, but i'm going for grip this year. i know these are not the best for asphalt, but i could just hammer through that. last year i felt as if i didn't have the grip in the turns. so that's my goal this year.

also, my gearing has changed. i used to ride an eleven/twenty-nine cassette. now, i've upped it to an eleven/thirty-two. and i have my white industries singlespeed forty-four tooth crank. so i think that will give me a wider range, and be able to spin/crank/mash/hammer through the mud, and keep up with ben.

i can't wait for cross season. damn this weather.

amitabha...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks paul again for letting me build them for you. it was my pleasure.

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home