Thursday, March 22, 2007

been wanting to put...

this up for about a week now.

i rode my bike to my new part time job one day last week. it was a little cold that day, and i was debating if i should ride or not. but i was coming home from my other job, and i saw some guy riding his bike to where he needed to go, and i said 'if he can do it, so can i.' so i did.

i was cold getting there. but as the day went on, it got colder. and it started to snow. yet it was just warm enough to be slush on the ground.

so getting home sucked. in a few minutes outside, my shoes were wet, and so was my backside. i kept my head down to kill some of the weather. i think the pictures do the talking for me...

as i was heading down hill i noticed that i couldn't shift. down or up. shit. good thing i know singlespeeds. frozen rear del...


as i'm riding down the road i'm looking at my tyre, and i notice that little icicles are forming on the little rubber nubs. that can't be good...


just some slush and crap from the ride...


and even icicles on my beard...


good thing i had hank playing in my ears to get me home.

the weather is starting to break here, but it is still raining. so that makes it hard.

namaste...

4 Comments:

Blogger D. said...

This is one of the main reasons I am totally loving L.A. - I can ride my bike pretty much every day. Granted, everyone drives everywhere in L.A., so the roads can get a bit hazardous for a lowly biker, but you can do the sidewalk weave when there's no pedestrians, and no one cares. 350 odd days of sunshine - now those are odds I can deal with.

Hope you're well...

11:15 AM  
Blogger hamad said...

what is the fun in that? you'll be getting something from me soon as i get off my ass and find some time...

10:35 AM  
Blogger D. said...

There's fun to be had in dodging (empty) buses and speeding starlets' cars on the Sunset Strip. Kind of. Actually, I just bought one of those old skool retro beach cruiser/street bikes for getting around the neighborhood. With a basket and everything. One gear and coaster brakes. It's the dorkiest cool bike I've ever owned.

9:19 AM  
Blogger hamad said...

nice...

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home