Friday, August 26, 2005

anti-roadie...

not only do i ride my single speed to death, but i also have a road bike. however i am not, in no way, a roadie. i just put together a vicious cycles electric warrior, with a combination of 105 and ultegra. its a steel frame. like bontrager said so many years ago...steel is real. i've riden all types of frames, and steel feels so good.

let's face it...aluminum sucks. "but's it's light, and stiff" the few pounds are not going to make me get up the hill any faster, but it will make me get down the hill faster. when it breaks, you're screwed. at least if something happens to my steel frame i'm still able to ride it. and if you are so concerned about weight, shut up and buy a 5-7 g carbon bike.

carbon...not my thing. i'm no pro. i don't pretend to be.

steel is real. it absorbs the shock of the road, and you need such a thing when you get older. it rides great.

so what does it mean to be an anti-roadie? i do not shave my legs. i wear baggy cloths when i ride my road bike. more often than not i wear my camelbak. i ride time pedals, with my mtn shoes with toe spikes.

i'm not sure what it is but a lot of the roadies i've met are arrogant pricks. why is this. is it because they shave their legs. a sign of what? well it helps with aerodynamics. bullshit, i say. unless your pro, your just gay, and not the good gay either. it doesn't help with anything, just personal exclusion from non-roadies. a statement of i'm better than you. like i said before if your not a pro, your not better than me. your just out "enjoying" cycling as much as i am, and not getting paid.

well it helps with road rash. then don't fall you idiot. are you so un-sure of your abilities that you know that your going to take a fall? then don't ride near me, because i'm sure of my skill. my kung-fu is better than yours.

my single speed is also a steel frame. i'll put a pic up of it sooner or later.

1 Comments:

Blogger hamad said...

thanks rogue, keep it up on your end too. i think that is my next lustful object.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home